It’s your choice. It’s your right.
You have a right to choose the rehabilitation that’s best for you and your family. The right rehabilitation program can make all the difference in how quickly you return home and to the things you love after an illness, injury or surgery.
You have the right to choose Encompass Health, a nationwide leader setting the standard for inpatient rehabilitation.
Get the facts about choosing an inpatient rehabilitation facility
Whether you are in the hospital or not recovering well at home, you can choose where to go for rehabilitation and recovery.
Finding a comprehensive rehabilitation hospital that meets your needs is key, as every person’s condition requires its own specific treatment. With an inpatient rehabilitation hospital such as Encompass Health, your recovery starts with a specialized rehabilitation team and physicians.
You may get a referral to a different kind of facility. Thankfully, you have the right to make your own informed decision.
Medicare patients are covered for inpatient rehabilitation at Encompass Health.
Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) covers medically necessary care in a rehabilitation hospital such as Encompass Health. Your doctor must first certify that your medical condition requires intensive rehabilitation, continued medical supervision and coordinated care.
If you or a loved one is not recovering well at home, inpatient rehabilitation is still an option.
Maybe your at-home recovery isn’t going very well following a stroke or other debilitating condition causing functional and cognitive decline. Contact Encompass Health directly or ask your doctor for a referral.
An inpatient rehabilitation hospital is not the same as a nursing home.
When you choose an Encompass Health rehabilitation hospital, you’re choosing a highly qualified team of therapists, nurses and physicians focused on you, working together to deliver a fully coordinated program of rehabilitative care. Each program is personalized to your condition and backed by state-of-the-art technology, so you’ll receive the most advanced treatments for the greatest potential outcome.
Inpatient rehabilitation focuses on your goals, so you can get back to life your way.
Want to get back to boating? Your care at Encompass Health can include walking on a dock. Can’t wait to bake again? Your care team can include therapy in an on-site kitchen.
We’re dedicated to one goal: returning you to your life as quickly as possible with the highest level of independence. When you choose us, you’ll have one of the country’s largest providers of inpatient rehabilitation on your side.
At Encompass Health, you get daily visits from your expert, personal care team.
Encompass Health rehabilitation experts understand the importance of custom care and the value of working together:
- Your care will be overseen by a rehabilitation physician who sees you at least three times a week to manage your medical needs
- Registered nurses with extensive training in rehabilitation (CRRNs) offer help 24/7
- Expert physical, speech and occupational therapists provide individualized treatment based on your specific needs
- The clinical staff works as a team, conducting formal team conferences weekly to ensure you benefit from your rehabilitation
- Staff provides patient and family education and training
Encompass Health offers many types of therapy, not just physical therapy.
Encompass Health offers advanced therapies in state-of-the-art spaces with innovative technologies.
- Physical therapy to help patients increase their physical function, mobility, strength, balance and safety
- Occupational therapy to promote patients’ independence in self-care, home management and work skills
- Respiratory therapy to help patients with their lungs and respiratory system when their breathing is affected by injury or surgery
- Speech-language pathology to help patients overcome communication disorders, speech challenges and swallowing problems
- Dietary care from expert nutritional counselors who oversee each patient’s meals to make sure they receive proper nutrition
- Plus on-site medical specialty care such as internal medicine, infection specialists, wound care and more
Inpatient rehabilitation is more focused than nursing home care.
Rehabilitation hospitals require a minimum of three hours a day of physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech therapy at least five days per week—all customized to meet your specific abilities and needs.
Encompass Health ensures peace of mind for patients and their families through top safety protocols.
Encompass Health hospitals are a safe place to be and an important part of regaining health. We have experience and expertise in caring for patients with all types of infectious diseases and have been doing so on a daily basis, following infection control protocols consistent with CDC guidelines and developing protocols that set the standard for infection control in the rehabilitation hospital setting. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, infection control preventionists at each hospital are elevating our existing practices.
“Thank you for everything you did for us. Thank you for getting me back on my feet. And if I ever had to go back in the hospital you guys would be my number one choice.”
—Patient of Encompass Health